Saturday, May 26, 2012

D, as in Damnit

It was really hot today. Like too hot for Casey (which tops out at 80 degrees). Not only does my heart rate skyrocket, but, when I start to sweat that usually means my bag starts to itch and burn and I am minutes away from a leak.
Here is the irony... I need to be outside. I got some random blood work back that said I was extremely vitamin d deficient. Like real bad. What does a vitamin deficiency do to your body? Depression (check), fatigue (check), anxiety (check), muscle cramps (check), bone density loss (unsure). So, basically EVERY SYMPTOM I HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT TO EVERY FUCKING DOCTOR. Why is it the pain management team        randomly decided to check my vitamin levels AND NO OTHER DOCTORS thought too? It's really starting to piss me off. I get a major organ removed and there was no one that thought to tell me the things to watch out for- kidney stones, dehydration, vitamin deficiencies, pills not digesting, fruits and vegetables not digesting, what to do when in swim, what to do during a stomach bug, what kind of clothes to wear, what to do when going through airport security..... The basic, everyday things. Why is there no team that sweeps in to tell you all that stuff- I learned everything on the Internet, which is great, don't get me wrong. Not only can I look up what movie is playing in my area, but I can also diagnose the growth on my right nostril (and, no, I do not have a growth on my right nostril- but I bet you get the point). I just don't understand why I pay doctors really good money, but the majority of the helpful information comes from Google. All I really need is a stethoscope to make sure I have bowel sounds and Wikipedia and I'm good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment